Saturday, 28 September 2013

One Year Blogoversary!

On this day last year I posted my very first review on my newly created blog. That review was Jemima J by Jane Green, a favourite book of mine; a comfort read that I return to when in need of familiar escapism.

Since then, I have shared some of my favourite reads and authors and discovered some new ones along the way. I have reviewed books from best selling novelists, indie authors and debut writers; you never know where you may find a hidden gem of a book!

Through the blog and social media I have been extremely lucky to build relationships with some very generous and diverse publishing houses, along with some talented and brilliant editors, publicists, literary agents and booksellers.

When I started the blog I mainly wanted to share my love for books; initiate conversations about any book related topic going. I also aimed to showcase my writing and develop my social media and blogging skills which I hope I have gone some way to achieving.

Over the last year I spent some time on a publishing internship which gave me a fascinating insight into the publishing industry and the life cycle of a book. I was very happy early on my blogging to take part in the Quick Reads campaign which encourages people with reading difficulties to find a new love in books, which is something I would very much like to champion again in the future. I have taken part in blog tours and guest posted on other blogs. I also attended my first book event, the Glamour Live Book Club, which I really enjoyed. There are always book launches, literary festivals, author talks and other book related events around so I hope to attend more of these in the future.

I didn't realise when I started how much reviewing and blogging would come to mean to me. I look at books in a whole new light, and when I get especially excited about a new story (which happens often) I can’t wait to review and recommend it.

Over the course of the next year I hope to broaden my range of reading even more if possible. I aim to write up more book events, book news and include more features. I also hope to get other people involved with guest posts and discussions galore! If you have enjoyed any of my posts, I would happily receive any comments that you want to make; I love to talk books. Any feedback on current posts, or what you would like to see more of in the future, is hugely appreciated.

A big thank you to all my fellow bloggers, generous authors and publishers who have in any way shape or form been involved in my blog and of course a thank you to all the readers, public and anonymous, who make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment