Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 – My Year in Books


I don’t know if it’s just me, but 2014 has gone super quick! This time last year, I was getting ready to party in Manchester and things have gone so fast and New Year’s Eve has come round again. This year I'll sadly be working but I'm very excited some great reads coming in 2015. 

It’s been a great year for books and I’ve been really lucky to review some great stories. 2014 has been a year of great book series. I’ve fallen in love with the Victorian espionage series India Black with a fabulously feisty female lead. I finished the dystopian Pure series by Julianna Baggott which blew me away and also the Tethers YA Trilogy by Jack Croxall. 

I recently started (and am loving) the excellent Reckoners series featuring superheroes and villains, The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer and my last book review of the year for the truly amazing Red Rising by Pierce Brown. 

This was the year that I got my Mum to do a few guest reviews as well which she really enjoyed so Mother Butterfly will definitely be appearing again in the future. This year saw me celebrate my second anniversary of book blogging and I hope I can continue to share books I like in 2015. I must admit that working a full time job has impacted majorly on being able to read and blog all the time, but with 50 book reviews, lots of extra posts and plenty more books read beside I think I’ve done ok! 

Goals for next year? Read more books. And more varied ones at that...but more about that later! Lots of end of year posts I have seen rate their top reads of the year, but as I enjoy all the books I review, this is a really hard decision to come to. I can genuinely say I don’t have a single solid favourite as many would compete for the top spot, so I’m hoping next year, maybe I’ll read a stand-alone title that will earn the status of Number 1! If anyone has a firm favourite book of the year that has not been featured here, I would love to know your recommendations to start off 2015 with an excellent reading list.


Thank you to every single person who has taken the time to read and comment on any of my posts. I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year and all the best for 2015! x x

No comments:

Post a Comment