Tuesday, 3 March 2015

This is not goodbye...

As some of you may or may not know, on Thursday the 5th of March 2015, I’m off on a solo backpacking adventure to Southeast Asia. 

Although I’ve been gearing towards it for months now, its been a long time coming and suddenly the time has arrived! I don’t have a huge amount to spend so I am hoping for a good couple of months out there before I return to the UK. 

I’m starting in Vietnam and am hoping to see at least Cambodia and Thailand as well. Anywhere else would be a bonus! 

As my time will mostly be taken up with travelling, sight-seeing and maybe even soul-searching, I will not be able to maintain reviewing and blogging so I am taking a little break. I’ll still be reading whilst I’m away though, as I’ll definitely need some literary company during my down time. I’ve been battling over which of my own books to take, especially as I recently received a bundle from publishers last month.

However I wouldn’t be able to bring them home, so I’ll probably opt from some charity shop bargains donated by my lovely Nan! Also, I’m sure I won’t be able to resist a couple of airport purchases if I have a bit of pocket money to spare! 

I also have two e-reader apps on my phone, so as long as I have sufficient battery, I’ll be able to catch up on some of those e-book buys that I never seem to find the time to read. 

Whilst I’m there, I would love to see what Southeast Asia has in terms of book culture, and hopefully I’ll have some interesting articles other than reviews to post when I come back. I don’t know what the near future holds for me, especially as I am going completely out of my comfort zone, but it can only serve to broaden my horizons. 

Even if I don’t get to do much reading, my love of books will continue and I have plenty of great novels waiting for me when I get back. So this is not goodbye. This is just my last post for a while. I will be blogging again when I come home after what will hopefully have been a life-changing experience and hopefully with some of my own stories to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment